Martindale Historic Renovation
The Martindale Motor Corporation building was build in 1924. It was purchased in 1973 and remained in the same family for the next 40 years. The next owner removed the roof in an initial attempt to renovate the building, but abandoned the work, leaving the building vulnerable and exposed to the elements for several years.
In 2019, new owners purchased the building with the intent to restore it.
The final result will be a mixed-use building with restaurants, bars and retail use on the first floor, and residential units on the second floor, as well as a new exterior stair at the rear of the property.
Project Location: Martindale, Texas
Project Size: 20,000 sq. ft.
Project Scope: MEP Design and Consulting
Project Collaborators: O’Connell Architecture